You Are Making Life Difficult For Me: 1st Deputy Speaker Boldly Tells Deputy Leaders Of Parliament

The debate on the 2022 budget continues today. The Majority leader and Minority leader in the persons of Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu and Haruna Iddrisu were not in the house today. Thus, their deputies, Afenyo Markins and James Avedzi Klutse took over. The debate was presided by the First Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Joseph Osei Owusu. He made a startling revelation in the house today concerning the troubles the leaders of the house have been giving him.

One such example occurred when the Deputy Majority Leader, Afenyo Markins was on his feet, giving his submission on the budget. He did mention how the Nana Addo-led administration has recruited the highest number of personnel into the security service. The Deputy Minority leader, however, did not buy into that fact.

“You said your government has recruited more people into the security service. Without supporting it with data, how many people were recruited into the service? In fact, how were they recruited? Please tell us since this is a house of record”.

Responding to the concern of the Deputy Minority leader, Afenyo Markins said, “I have said that my colleagues in the NDC are intolerable. I have been sitting here quietly taking all the punches. You cannot take this one? You are a crying baby.”

That statement from Afenyo Markins made the 1st Deputy Speaker of Parliament boldly voice out his major trouble in parliament, “I wonder why the leaders are making life difficult for me, the deputy leaders especially. After I give my rulings, you go and invite him with a comment. Please withdraw the crying baby statement.”

Thanks for reading :books:.

1 Like

These people always fight over unnecessary things whiles there are so many bills before the parliament which will be of a great benefits to Ghanaians but has being left unapproved.

1 Like

It very obvious that all is not going on smoothly on the floor of parliament.