Would you trust a computer with your life?

It’s been known for a while that Apple has been looking into creating their own car. However what i don’t think most people expected (though maybe we should have) that they are planning to remove essential aspects of a car, naming the steering wheel and pedals.

I don’t know about everyone else, but I would not get in a car that i have zero control over. At least with taxi’s, the driver is also protecting their own life. A fully automated car on the other hand, do i trust that the car is going to keep me safe? Sorry, not happening, i’m not putting my life in the hands of an AI that might end up deciding to kιll me if there’s a situation where it’s either me or multiple people. Or what about if there’s a problem with the auto-drive? Literally “Jesus, take the wheel”.

I’m not against auto-drive, i’m against ONLY auto-drive. Apple, i know you love to take things away from your devices, but do NOT take away such major components of a car, especially when it will raise safety concerns. There always needs to be the option to override the automated systems and take manual control.

Hm. How did you get this information? :thinking:This would be against protocol, any device that can work automatically should have controls for human intervention.

1 Like

Hmmm…I saw it on a tech forum.

Driverless vehicles have been in the news for a while now. Whether or not I’ll trust such a car is a question for the gods. One thing I know for a fact is that, all computer systems are vulnerable to attack. There’s no such thing as absolute security.

I think you might want to check out this video