Why are people like Obinim, Owusu Bempah, Obofour entertained in Ghana?

The degree to which most Africans revere religion is beyond my understanding :exploding_head:. Perhaps it’s something I’ll never understand. But let’s leave this for another time.

What I don’t understand is the level of attention some Ghanaians give to “pastors” like Owusu Bempah, Rev Obofour and the like. Why and how are they relevant in Ghana?

These are men of God who hold “beefs” and insult others, how can the least educated reach the high echelons of politics in Ghana in the name of a God who’s existence is itself questionable? :thinking:

2 Likes

Africans are Naturally religious,

One would think that being religious for centuries with no progress on the continent, the people would stop and channel the energy to something more productive. The most religious continent on the planet yet the poorest.

1 Like

I think people follow them not just out of literacy but also out of desperation. There is a saying that “wherever poverty sends you, you’ll go”. If you’ve ever noticed, these so called men of God are out there selling hopes to their congregation, promising them a means to riches and an end to their miseries IF they only do what they tell them to do.

2 Likes

That’s a good point I never considered. African countries are way poorer than European and North American ones, creating the illusion in Africans that they can seek solace in religion. If African governments did better to increase the standard of living of Africans, I bet there would be no need for the “men of God”.

So basically it’s just the government fucking up citizens. South American and Asian countries are fairly religious too, and they are mostly as poor as African countries. There’s some correlation.

1 Like

Touch not thy annoited . That’s what most Christians will say when you become critical of the “men of God”. Now we don’t know whom a real man of God is as most of them are only chasing the clout for fame and other reasons best known to them.

As for Obinim, Nigel, Bempa, and their cohorts, God will expose them if they are not of Him. The least said about those squad , the better. Any any case, the kingdom of God is at hand and we are experiencing signs of the last days.

May God give us the spirit of understanding to know his ways.

I thought Jesus said we can know the false prophets by their actions or fruits. These men are not real. A man of God who is only in the spirit when he listens to shatta wale’s song will not tell me anything and I will believe.

Ideally I think it wouldn’t be a bad thing. Just that the morals of people have now been tainted so be it good or bad, people just use it anyhow regardless the consequences. After all nothing will happen to them

Ghana is a Free and peaceful country, there is nothing to do when people believe in them

Welcome to OF! @Jeffrey

I understand Ghana is a free country but isn’t it obvious these so called “men of God” are crooks? They command large masses, and do nothing beneficial to their followers nor the state. Worse part is they don’t pay taxes. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like