Voice Messages on OF 🗣 🔊

@siaw please see if you can incorporate audio comments so that some of us can speak, because if we say we will type, our fingers will end up being sore. The truth is not easily understood in 2 or 3 lines, at times it is, most times it isnt.

2 Likes

@macgh best we can get right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It will be really cool to add voice notes right here on OF. Not everything can be typed, some contributions need to be outspoken.

2 Likes

We’ll get there, I understand the current solution can be a problem for our mobile users. Small small.

1 Like

You can integrate voice massage feature by installing this plugin:

After the installation, enable composer_audio_upload_enabled in the settings.

Please also ensure that you enable uploads of “mp3” files type in the admin panel.

When composing a new message, simply click on the microphone icon to start recording. After you’re done, your recording will be converted to mp3 for enhanced cross-browser compatibility.

After installing it a microphone icon will appear on your toolbar

2 Likes

I trust @siaw’s ability but good to know you can help, i will reference this for future purposes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright, I think I like this workaround and please check out the plugin @niiayibontey sent a link to the git repo. Lets make the community great. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! I didn’t know this existed. Thanks for sharing. I was actually planning on writing a plugin myself with parts of the WebRTC stack. Shouldn’t be problematic, but got no time now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I’ll look at it later today. Looks promising so far.

1 Like

Ohok…you are already doing great job here :+1:

1 Like

But what I am worried about is my coarse apotro voice…lol, guys I cant sing :laughing: :laughing:

Try one day uploading a voice note so we all know your akp)tr) voice, at least people will know you’re human! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Definetely, oh my…what a trip that will be. Ay3 s3 a spider weaving a web bi saa no.

1 Like

Also, @ruffrider knows that I am human :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Ah right, almost forgot that you guys met!

2 Likes

If there’s anything I’ve notice that I will like to talk about is, human behavior moderation is lacking on your platform. and if nothing is not done about it, you’ll have slow growth

1 Like

Tell us more. What’s “human behaviour” here? What do you mean exactly? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re trying to achieve with your platform, but all giants networks I know have scientists behind their platform that tweak’s those interacting on the platform experience. If you look at Facebook Instagram and Snapchat, all those apps have them. Is hard to see that anything of sort is happening, but is in the background :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

But we’re not a network, will never be and we’re not trying to be like FB, Instagram, Snapchat etc. We’re not a social network. :laughing:

1 Like

I think I know why you are laughing, and maybe our bro is trying to call our attention to something here :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:. FACTS: OF is nota social network though.

1 Like

I’m not saying OF should be like Facebook or Instagram but human experience enhancement works in every aspect of life. If you don’t understand, you don’t understand :rofl::rofl:

the koko seller can apply the right strategy and get more customers to patronize what he’s selling

1 Like