Tuchel: A Brilliant Game Of Football

Thomas Tuchel has praised the character of his players as Chelsea came from two goals down to draw 2-2 against Liverpool in a pulsating Premier League clash at Stamford Bridge.

Despite starting the game brightly, goals from Sadio Mane – who could perhaps count himself lucky to not be shown an early red card – and Mo Salah had Liverpool ahead before two strikes from Mateo Kovacic and Christian Pulisic just before the break had us level.
Tuchel was delighted with the spirit shown from his players and felt the football on show from both sides was a joy to watch.

That was a brilliant game of football,’ the German commented when speaking post-match.
‘It was brilliant to watch and there was a lot of energy, a lot of quality and of course a few mistakes on show.
‘I thought we made an excellent start, we were really good but then found ourselves 1-0 down. We were punished for two or three big mistakes at the beginning.
‘Going 2-0 down, it would be easy to say things would be hard and perhaps it would not be our day but the guys stuck in and showed a fantastic attitude to get back into the game.

Kova scored an amazing goal and it really brought the belief back into the stadium. We showed the quality to get back level through Christian and it was a nice match of football on show from both teams.’
Tuchel believed the game could have had a different outcome if referee Anthony Taylor had shown Liverpool goalscorer Mane a red card instead of a yellow for an elbow to the face of Cesar Azpilicueta just six seconds into the encounter.
‘I’m not a fan of early red cards and I’m a big fan of Mane because he’s a top guy and fantastic player, but I’m sorry – it was simply a red card,’ Tuchel protested.

The come back of Chelsea in this particular game should be a springboard for other games. They did unbelievably well. Liverpool on the other became complacent and got punished for it. Good game but all standard

1 Like

@Kwame_Kradi Chelsea played very well today but I could not watched the full game because as they score blues 2 goals then I vex already ooo

@Emp_Sel thus how we gonna play against Bayern Munich in case we clash 🧏🏽‍♂️

Lol, that’s football for you, even in extra time , everything can change. That’s why boys sometimes lose bet oo.

1 Like

Ei @Syrupkuv please change your words. We(Chelsea) are facing too many difficulties already and we don’t need that match. @Emp_Sel come and have a look at this. :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

Sometimes it’s difficult to see your team down in the mud. I got extremely sad when we were down by two goals. But everything turned around and we shared the points at the end. It was a match worth watching today. Blues till casket close. :blue_heart::blue_heart:

I swear blues can disturb Bavarians with their difficulties I tell you bro @Danny

Bro don’t be impressed at all. It’s because they played against Liverpool. Liverpool hardly keep clean sheet. Their star goal keeper Alisson was unavailable as well. I saw this coming. So many blunders on the part of Liverpool

Stop daydreaming. Bayern is a different beast all together. They’ll end your football careers. You remember what happen to Messi @Barcelona?

That’s what I’m trying to tell him. Chose your battles wisely. Bayern will “end” your UCL dreams if you meet them too early. We all know what they are capable of. :joy:

Hahaha

The Blues couldn’t even disturb Brighton with a win and you want to meet the Bavarians huh? Bring it on. How I wish my idol Lewandowski is on OF! :joy:

Even with Alisson in the squad and we got red card as well kraaa we played 1-1 masa we go score Bayern

And Barcelona is also a different team and do you also remember what happened to Bayern in 2012

2012 is too far laa. Let’s deal with the recents. Last two Seasons, we beat you home and away without mercy. Don’t forget that. We are still in great shape and we are going to do it again. :joy:

No matter how good ur team is Chelsea will score you

1 Like

Who are you meeting at the round of 16?

1 Like

We’re meeting Lille of course

I know exactly what Bayern Munich can do. It’s not like Chelsea is so scared to face them but this ain’t a good time to face such a deadly battle. If Chelsea have to meet them in the Finals, then we have no choice but to prepare mentally and physically to face Bayern Munich.

We can disturb them but Bayern Munich is a team that no other team want to play against in a situation we Chelsea are in now. But of course, it’s football and anything can happen.

1 Like