The more we evolve, the less we need god

I’m not talking about the existence of god, rather if god is necessary

The more our understanding of the world and our understanding of each evolves, the less we need god. In ages past before there was no science, the necessity of god in this regard was unsealable. but what about today with all we know, and how far we’ve come. we’ve move from superstitious beliefs to understand what cause diseases, and is notable that the more a country is rich and people feel safe, the less people need god. But many countries living conditions are not so comfortable so therefore they need god for comfort and meaning.

do you think the more our understanding and living conditions improves over time, the less we need god?

3 Likes

I disagree with the mindset that they more evolve the less we need God.

There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of each man which cannot be satisfied by any created thing but only by God the Creator, made know through Jesus Christ.

Blaise Pascal

1 Like

Nope.

Life doesn’t consist in the abundance of what a man possesses.

Happy Sunday :grin:

1 Like

Is also true that how I experience god is different from how you experience him
So If the need for god is deeply entrenched in us, we should all feel a certain way. What’s your rebuttal for that?

I think the problem is that you think God is something people made up. Christians don’t think so. God is not a made up story. I came to that conclusion myself when I was an agnostic. It’s not possible.

2 Likes

But life is not as simple as going to church on Sunday reading some few Bible passages and that is that. A distraction might work for a while, but later the reality of life will come after you and you’ll realize life is not as simple as reading a bedtime story

1 Like

Well, you think it’s a bedtime story, so it’ll be that for you.

I think it’s life. Not the pages or the books. As you read, it affects your very life.

2 Likes

The nature of human is demanding of god itself but to say life is impossible without him is delusional thinking

2 Likes

Well, that’s what you think. I don’t think so.

1 Like

We’re all free to believe whatever we want, including myself. but sometimes beliefs doesn’t stick in the face of engineering think. If someone can prove the existence of god by crossing all mental construct ideas, I will accept that god. and nobody is even close to that @LeevyM6

1 Like

Oh yeah, I get you. But what do you mean by “prove?” Do you mean scientific method of proving things? If so, you’ll also hit a block. That’s one of the things that frustrated me.

You see, if the Christian God is truly real, then he doesn’t bow to any of us. He created us. Regardless, he puts that aside to father us.

The thing is that God is spirit. If you want to know him, get spiritual and I mean the good way, not using other demonic mediums.

Check the Christian origin story of God. By the way, what’s your origin story? You never tell me. Are you hiding something :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’ve seen where you’re coming from, and there’s no need for us to further this argument

1 Like

It’s impossible to understand the ways and act of God intellectually. You can’t subject God to logic and reasoning. I know @ruffrider @kod @Aharon will disagree but it is what it is.

2 Likes

The truth is, complete certainty about anything is impossible. We all believe something because we think is the closest similar to truth we’ve come across so far. And that creates problems, because is leap of faith in nothingness.

1 Like

Okay sure boss. But I’m now getting where you’re coming from. I’m getting to know your origin story.

Yeah, you say that a lot. Only if I knew your origins, then I’ll find out how the originators of that concept were thinking…you know, get into their minds sort of.

1 Like

There’s no originators, I’m the source @LeevyM6

2 Likes

Nope, you’re are not. You didn’t come into this world with that concept. You didn’t create or born yourself. You came into this planet blank like all of us.

Don’t lie to us :relaxed:

1 Like

But I honestly think you should consider certain things. At least, honestly try to understand where Christians are coming from. No one is telling you to believe in him. Just understand honestly, then draw your conclusions.

Don’t go in with preconceived ideas like @kod. That’s what I did, with most of the other religions.

1 Like

Wether god exist or not, is up to everyone to decide because there’s no evidence to prove that. You can say the Bible or the earth but all those things cannot explain the existence of god. And knowledge wouldn’t make sense if there’s no brain to interpret it, and draw a conclusion which sometimes, can cause confusion.

I think the Bible remain essential if we want an ethical and a society that brings stability to the human species but that’s not about god

2 Likes