Tamale: Police officers interdicted for assaulting residents over illegal connection

Four police officers working with the Tamale Regional Police Command have been interdicted for assaulting some residents of Tamale in the Northern Region, a Police statement has announced on Tuesday September 21.

The officers were captured in a video allegedly assaulting residents allgeldy involved in illegal power connections.

The police statement said “The Police Administration has with immediate effect, interdicted four police officers working with the Tamale Regional Police Command following the alleged assault of some persons in Tamale in the Northern Region today, Tuesday, September 21, 2021.”

Na Police nso illegal connection fa wo ho b3n

They were only assigned to go and arrest those involved in the issue, not to assault them

Some police officers are simply unprofessional on the job. Your job is to go and arrest people engaging in illegal electric connection but they went there to start beating and assaulting people.

Thank God the new IGP is trying to crack the whip on these hooligans in the service.

1 Like

This new IGP is doing a great job so far. Yesterday I went to their headquarters and I was amazed, the place really looks nicer than the previous days and I hope he should continue doing the good job to the fullest :white_check_mark:

Eii na when police officers turn teachers then ECG heads. Most of them are not qualified for the service Buh are there so they are just messing things. How can you go and be flogging somebody for doing illegal connection