Takoradi woman was never pregnant, 3 others arrested for alleged conspiracy – Police

Fresh details emerging from the alleged kidnapping of a woman in Takoradi have left many shocked.
The Ghana Police Service has confirmed that the 29-year-old Josephine Panyin Mensah was never pregnant.
This comes after Western Regional Minister, Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah made similar comments which triggered an uproar among some residents in the area.

Police have conducted investigations since her reappearance on September 21, with preliminary findings pointing to a suspicion that the victim and her cohorts could have orchestrated the incident.

In a statement issued by the Police’s Public Affairs Directorate, medical experts have found that Josephine, who they now describe as a suspect, “was never pregnant within the period under review.”

According to the press release, this was the conclusion reached by health officials at the Axim Government Hospital, where she has been receiving care after her reappearance.
In the Police’s account, the victim indicated that she visited the European Hospital in Takoradi for antenatal assessment during interrogation.
However, Police checks from the facility suggest that Josephine “visited the hospital without pregnancy without pregnancy somewhere in October last year.”

It was not clear what could be the rationale behind the incident.But the Police suspects a possible conspiracy and has arrested three other persons for further questioning. Meanwhile, the statement signed by the Director-General of the Police Public Affairs Directorate, ACP Kwesi Ofori, also expressed concern over a seeming surge in “self-kidnapping” in the Western Region in recent times.
Many of these, the statement said, were executed to “make money put of ransoms.”
“A team with support from the National Headquarters has been put together to quell this emerging crime in the Western region,” the September 23 press release stated.
The Police further assured that public of its continued investigation to bring closure to the matter while ensuring the safety of Josephine Mensah.

1 Like

There are a lot of conspiracies with this particular issue. Who are we to believe now? The people who were with the suspect for all the nine months of her “pregnancy” or the doctors who examined her and also coming out with negative results. Who is the liar over here :rage:.

This issue right here is becoming confusing now. But there is something suspicious about it all.
First of all this lady claims she’s being visiting the hospital for antenatal, now with the documents of her retrieved from the hospital shows that she last visited the hospital somewhere in October last year which is more than 10 months now. Remember she claim she’s being visiting it regularly so how come there is no records of that in the hospital.
Secondly, this “pregnant woman” said she was kidnapped together with 11 other pregnant women so where are the family of the 11 women? Don’t they have family that could have also reported their absence to the police? we must acknowledge our emotions & raise our logic when such issues come
Self kidnapping over the years keeps increasing and many can go that extra mile to fake their kidnap to demand ransom.

1 Like

Now, a whole lot of facts are being drawn opposing the woman’s claims of being pregnant. Here is the case where people, that is families and neighbours from her area are also raising their voices to confirm the claims the woman made concerning her “pregnancy”. If you ask me, I will definitely oppose her claims because the evidences hovering around this issue are a lot and I don’t know what again she or her people can say to dissolve those evidences raised against her.

1 Like

Bro that’s what they are saying, but there is a question here, how many of them saw her bare stomach and why is it so hard for them to come out with anything which will prove everyone wrong that she was indeed pregnant, it being antenatal or pregnancy reports.
Now what her sister is claiming is that the supposing kidnappers took away her antenatal or pregnancy reports which doesn’t even make sense here.

1 Like

I’m also doubting and then one thing that got me so confuse is, the supposing kidnappers who this woman is claiming took her baby, are those kidnappers professional medical doctors who made sure this woman delivered successfully without any danger.
Or if this supposing kidnappers really wanted the babies in the woman’s womb, would they have allowed her to naturally deliver? The kidnappers would have cut her open and take the babies out without caring about the woman. It’s something I’ve being thinking about since this issue emerged.

1 Like

@Danny
My brother, this is making me laugh honestly :grin:. I don’t want to conclude to say it is true that she is lying to us all but the evidences against her are just too many for her to defend.

1 Like

Bro @Paa_Jaylo isn’t this funny :joy:
Let the victim, now suspect, provide her antenatal care & pregnancy reports, if any, to prove herself right. Now, we know of the hospital. Frankly, its silly to conspire your own kidnap in the midst of this insecurity for ransom.

1 Like

I feel a lot of Ghanaians are taking into account more emotions that fact. The police embarked on an operation to find her then lie about she not being pregnant, what do they gain from that and unless you are saying this group of kidnappers have a good medical team on board, how did she give birth under that condition and come back without any birth related complications? I believe she was not pregnant in the beginning and which pregnant lady takes a walk at dawn on the day she is due?alone

1 Like

That’s exactly what I said. I was like, if the supposing kidnappers were only in need of the babies in her womb, would they have operated her and made sure she was absolutely fine. This woman was telling lies from day one forgetting there is so many test in the hospitals to determine whether you were truly pregnant and now the truth is out and she was never pregnant and faked her kidnap as well.
By the way you’re welcome to Ghana #1 Forum @A-lot-of-cheeeeese. Enjoy your stay here :heart::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

It can really be so :joy:. But you know what, let’s get to the root of this through the ongoing investigations and begin drawing conclusions.

1 Like

That is the same thing we’ve been say here oo. It just looks like she had to give up cos the allegations raised against her were backed by proof. She had no escape route to use. At this point the case is dismissed :grin:

@Danny
Absolutely my brother :+1::blush:

The roots has being reached already as she confessed that she was never pregnant and she faked her kidnap as well just to create an impression that, she was really pregnant and the kidnappers took the babies she delivered.
This woman claims she did that because of the fear of losing her husband, as she first got pregnant and lose the baby. So she personally faked it all for this second time for her husband to see that she’s fertile and can give birth if not this supposing kidnappers who took away her baby, she would have brought home a baby.

This woman has already given up and has already confessed. Those I’m crying for now is the man and woman who cursed the Western Regional Minister and the Ghana Police with eggs and schnapps claiming what they told we the public was all lies because they also saw the lady pregnant. Are they going to die out of their own curses or they will beg for forgiveness? :joy::joy:

But wait oo, there is a new analogy coming up that all her claims may be true but but she is confessing now because there has been a threat on her life by the kidnappers. I don’t know how true this is but it is also circulating around.

I don’t feel this issue because from the beginning the Police seconded that the woman was pregnant before she was kidnapped and now they’re telling us again that the woman is not pregnant hmm

1 Like

That is their own matter to solve :laughing:

Bro the pregnancy down to the kidnapping was all faked by the woman. There is no threat anywhere by the supposing kidnappers. Nobody kidnapped this woman, she faked it all simply because she feared losing her husband after what happened when she got pregnant the other time and had a miscarriage.

1 Like

Bro it isn’t like the police reported to the public that the supposing kidnapped woman was pregnant. Those who reported the case to the police made that claim and that’s why the police came out with that at first, until her reappearance and further investigations made by the police proved it to be false.

2 Likes