Omanba Forum

RailsConf sponsorship/scholarship

If you’re learning or doing Rails/Ruby and have enough motivation or anything to show that you’re determined, you can get a scholarship from Ruby Central to attend a RailsConf in the USA. I was a scholar of this program and attended RailsConf in Pennsylvania, I highly recommend this.

@Emp_Sel @buildwithallan

Oh great.

Anything to show like what exactly?

I don’t know if the requirements changed but in my days you needed to show you’re involved in the Ruby/Rails community and show how you’re learning Rails/Ruby with sample projects on GitHub for example.

1 Like

Okay great. When I visited their website, I think the deadline was March 11, 2022.

Doesn’t matter, now you have the information, you can prepare for next year.

Exactly. Thanks for the info

What is this really about bro!!! Man needs to move from SA ooo but every move make slow !!! Moves dey too but all be money!!! Many he man must pass thru Mexico :mexico: Cuba :cuba: Panama :panama: or Costa Rica :costa_rica: enter USA coz the way things dey go dier man for gather courage and use these route!! Brazil sef dey

I see say you make wild waaa… this is related to programming though, you must have real interest :smiley:

What is it really about

Lol, I just posted what it’s about! :smiley:

The way this guy is wild, if he got this schorlaship he might never return :joy:

1 Like

I tell you! Me naaa I can see hahaha…

Return to where? Bro I just received a message goi g around that these South Africans want to do their stupid things again in 2nd July and u want to return to Africa if God grant me the chance to move to Europe USA or Canada?

You mean their Xenophobic nonsense?

I will not even dream of coming back if I get the chance :joy:

Yea something like that

1 Like