Please carefully read and carefully suggest, thanks

I have seen through this platform (thanks to @siaw) how much young Ghanaians are vocal about our sociopolitical issues, the rage within, disgust, unhappiness, situations on our streets, in parliament, about how much we yearn for change; change not just in leadership but in the entire blueprint – the system and its workings. I have also seen how young Ghanaians can constructively discuss through well-thought of and intelligent with some emotions sometimes (hehe) reasons to stand with or disagree on something (democracy in action). I only wish the rest of us here could actually hear the unspoken views of the feminine side (perhaps they always do in disguise). The question now is, what do we do with all of this? HOW do we advance the wheels of change we so desire? I’m positive everyone is interested in this, no doubt. Who doesn’t want a beautiful, sustainable and working Ghana? Where no one is frustrated and angry at prima facie when someone says Good morning. Who doesn’t want to drive continuously from Accra to Balga in 7hours and not in 24hours? Drive to and from Tema via the motorway without spending the whole day in traffic? Lest I say more? We know the drill. It can’t be a curse that we remain like this. I’m positive our ancestors already paid forward and curbed whatever curses there were. Else then we have to. We can’t always just talk the talk – so HOW and WHEN do we walk the talk? One MP said (as many people probably have) that, we’re not building a nation for the present generation, we’re building a nation for future generations (awwchh, that must be painful to hear and do). @Felix_Ansah started a thread last week about what you will do differently if you were leader of Ghana and how you will do it. What do you suggest we do? For starters, lets vote out the sitting president and veto in Henry Quartey

2 Likes

It can’t always be the talk, we need to walk the talk like you stated, but the question is how? We’ve recently experienced how atrocious this gov’t can be when the youth decides to air their views and opinions by protesting and demonstrating against their policies. What will be the way forward for these political leaders to actually have a sit down, or perhaps listen to the cry of the people.

2 Likes

The work this man has done, there’s no doubt he’s the only person who has actually stand out for doing a good job since he got into power… He’s focused on making Accra a better place to live but he needs assistance.

2 Likes

That’s exactly the vicious cycle we seem to be stuck in. Obviously we don’t want a coup on our soil like Dambouya did in Guinea but is that not what is brewing?

1 Like

Last year , I was discussing with a colleague about the importance of debates prior to Election Day. We need to soak these presidential aspirants with dense economical questions. And decide on who is elite enough to rule the country. And on the first quarter of the government we access the government performance

2 Likes

You see. I keep saying a coup is the only way out. We’re stuck in a cycle. It’ll never end without a coup even if it’s just to get these people out.

OR… we can influence enough people not to vote for NPP nor NDC (friendlier coup). But the dumbheads will sell their votes as usual. Long live the cycle.

1 Like

Bro you’ve spoken well but the issue here is that how can we the young ones voice be heard. There are several people who tried to voice out for the youths but they were just killed mysteriously. Nobody knows they’re where about and we don’t know what happened to them. But my question is what will be our way forward

1 Like

hahahahahha, friendlier coup huh.

Sad and bitter truth.

But bro what is your point that if another political party come in power would make progress. The best way we can stop these selfish leaders is when they see our aggressiveness. Perhaps we do demonstrate but not effective us needed. And if some of our people sue the government in the foreign courts for some of these money squandering issues and other stuffs and it’s effective, they will know our eyes are truly open .

1 Like

Don’t u think its still possible to actually cause a shake up to bring change. Take our fore-bearers (pacesetters) for example and I’m referring to the freedom fighters who managed to bring independence to most of Africa in the 1950s and 1960s and early 1990s e.g. Kwame Nkrumah, Julius Nyerere, Nelson Mandela, Kenyatta, Patrice Lumumba by forming satellite groups and organized meetings in London and the US when they studied there. It’s obviously different today, we have OF to break the distance situation. Question is, do we have bigger balls than they did?

1 Like

can I name a few names of who? @kod

Please do if you know some of them. Are they journalists?

Look Spying GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

An example is Ahmed Suale but I don’t know why you’d ask me about slained journalists, I made no reference to any, or u testing me man?

That question wasn’t to you actually. It was to @KhodedBoss2 he mentioned that some people were killed.

The quality of life for many Ghanaians is less than ideal. Partisan politics have left the social and economic needs of the citizens at second priority.

Ghanaians have always believed in democracy that’s the reason why we always voice out or protest on the streets peacefully and that have made us look like “fools” to them. I’m against violence each and any other day but it’s about time our cry, our sorrow and our headache is heard. The kind of change we want over the past years shows clearly that, it can’t be demanded through a peaceful way and it calls for a real anger or violence to demand that change.

What I’m implying is, we did witness how angry the youth of Ghana were in the fix the country demonstration but since it was done in a peaceful way, the government took them for a fool. If they start witnessing the real anger within us in a violence way, it’s really going to wake them up to understand that, we ain’t fools for voting or giving them power. It’s about time we show them that kind of anger and trust me, it’s our only hope if we really want to fight for our future generation to enjoy a better Ghana.

Henry Quartey is just the kind of leader we yearn for. Someone who is ever ready to serve his purpose as a leader. I admire him a lot for the good work done.

2 Likes

ach so, ok, hehehehe. I fig say u dey test me

Like who? Can you name a few examples? I’d like to look them up. @KhodedBoss2

1 Like

Bro these are some of the things the politicians do and you are doing same. You and I know the truth but still you want me to mention names . Am sorry my brother I can’t mention