Marriages and Counselling

What do you say to seeing a counsellor before tying the knot to your partner at the alter. Considering the odd and unpleasant issues that could arise?

1 Like

I’ve never been married nor been to marriage counseling before but I’m thinking is there a chance the marriage counselor could tell the couple they are not fit for each other or something? If the chemistry between the couple is OK then the counselor is not needed. If it’s not OK then they shouldn’t be thinking about getting married.

Just my two cents :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hmm for me I find it strange someone yiu completely don’t know would be able to decide for both of you. Let alone bring up stuff both of you might not be able to resolve

1 Like

Yeah the idea of a stranger “meddling” in a couple’s life baffles me, but again, I’ve never been to marriage counseling so I really don’t know what goes on there. Maybe someone with experience can shed light on this.

On the other hand, if the counselor is a psychologist there’s a lot they can do with counseling I believe, otherwise, to me, it doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

mm we I have not been married either but I am sure we can both make our own decisions without him coming in :grinning: