Is family planning a sin?

The Christian and Islamic rules, laws or teachings goes against abortion and family planning. Do you think it’s a sin or just measure to stop unwanted pregnancies? What’s personal opinion on this ; my folKS on OF.

5 Likes

As for this topic, it’s a bit dicey but because you asked of personal opinion, I will say family planning is okay if you are not prepared for children yet. It’s better to do so that than put yourself in complex situation of abortion and it’s complications. Use of condom is also family planning and if it’s a sin then all guys will go to hell oo

I will go for family planning if the need arises

1 Like

According to the Bible, it a sin if you are not married. Because it says don’t fornicate. And now you are going to do family planning so that you fornicate more. Buh if you are married I don’t think is a sin.

1 Like

For me personally, family planning in teaching of Islam and Christianity is a sin but here lies the case whereby, someone who isn’t financially stable give birth to so many children which could have been prevented or controlled through family planning and now he/she can’t take care of them which is also a sin for not taking care of your children in both Islam and Christianity teachings.
Now I will say, it’s better to do family planning rather than giving birth to a number of children you can’t cater for, putting those innocent kids future at stake. So family planning is not a sin to me if I should choose.

2 Likes

Oohk I see @Danny and @Kwame_Kradi . So God says it’s a sin but you di3, you say it’s not a sin because you don’t want to stop doing the diztin.

Anyways, family planning is something against my principles cos I want to go raw and natural. No condoms. If the lady takes a medicine , that’s her own business.

2 Likes

That’s my opinion on family planning oo boss :joy::joy:

I didn’t want to bring the Bible and Qur’an into the foo because I respect it and it will defeat the purpose of our discussions and opinions. Don’t forget that God made rules for us and also gave us the brains to make alternative rules and decisions that will help us.

Your are doing well bro , keep defending yourself

Interested GIF by Nick Cannon

1 Like

This is the reason why there is a saying that “No one is perfect” so I’m not perfect either and I will do family planning. We can’t follow the teachings of our religion 100% no matter how hard we try. My opinion though :joy::joy:

Family planning isn’t a sin. I mean, what’s the point in bringing a child into the world, when you are not in a position to cater for that child. (the context here is that one is married)

1 Like

Raw se s3n??:joy::joy: Anyways 50/50 life like dice :game_die: sometimes the condition u lives in gives you an idea of where to fix urself (this way or the other)

@Kwame_Kradi @Danny @danielamissah , are you guys Christians, so what will you tell God when you meet him on this topic? That you picked science over Religion or what eii.!!!

1 Like

This is what God said in 2 Peter 1:15, And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

This is knowledge and it is critical for our survival on earth.

1 Like

God said to the man and woman, “Be fruitful and multiply.” Some people interpret that as intentionally preventing pregnancy would be wrong. But in its original context, this verse was part of a passage telling how God has given mankind stewardship over the world, and it was not a statement about birth control: "And God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” (Genesis 1:28)

1 Like

Your context is based on religion,so biblically I will agree it’s not a sin, but personally, I think it’s a decision one has to make, doesn’t make the person a sinner. Rather makes the person cautious and conscious. Don’t build a team you can’t support, Birth according to your support plan.

3 Likes

Yes I’m a Christian but I also have to use common Sense giftee by God. God will not be Happy with people bearing children they xNt take care of , hence, family planning.

1 Like

It’s not a sin to me. I’m an atheist. I think it’s common sense.

2 Likes

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

1 Like

No @Kusie_Maame_Twe the teachings goes against abortion and not family planning. Abortion is a sin whilst family planning is not. Aborting a child is just like committing murder and even a part of our constitution is against it.

Bringing fort a child and not being able to care for them is another sin on it own so I don’t think preventing that is wrong

1 Like

@danielamissah, I agree with you. You are doing your child a disservice if you proceed with production despite the fact that you lack the necessary resources.

2 Likes

will the christian and islamic laws buy you and the children food and provide the basic needs every day? Will they care if you live in poverty? There are many people suffering in life because of large family size… unplanned families. So please, do you what you wish and don’t be bound by any ancient laws. Feel free to live in the free world!

1 Like