If Only Exam Questions Could Be Asked This Way

School would have been sweet if exams questions were being asked this way:

1. There’s something that you spent time studying that wasn’t asked on the exams. What is it and how does it work? Explain in details.
2 Likes

I think this would be a very fair question to ask students, because whatever it is they spent time learning must have been in the curriculum that they are supposed to know anyway. If I were a teacher, I’d actually ask this, to give more students a chance to pass.

3 Likes

This will be a fair idea but I know what students are capable of doing. If they are to ask them, what they generally know about what they’ve have been taught since, a student can memorize one thing and will keep on repeating that at the section of “What have you learnt so far? What is it and how does it work? every time there’s exams. Providing what the students provided is right, he or she can’t be marked down even though he/she has being repeating that every time they write exams.

1 Like

I am a basic school teacher, and I am definitely going to try this. Unfortunately, our assessment structure will not favor them eventually. But am definitely going to give it a shot.

3 Likes

So they’ll have to be regulated. And I think if this were to be done, it should be done rarely. This will make us [students] always want to prepare for the unknown hence expanding our studies.

2 Likes

Yeah they can regulate it. Also, our system of education is so outdated and adding this type of idea or method to our education system won’t be bad at all.

1 Like

I like your point; I think adding this method won’t be bad at all.

Yeah I agree with you 100% if we are to add this method to our current education system, it will need to be regulated.

2 Likes

Wow! That will be a fantastic idea @Reginald_Owusu

Exactly @Danny I think most students will exploit vulnerability in this type of questions.

Maybe some day I may become a teacher one day and give this type of exam questions a try.

You could try it as a “bonus question” maybe, for extra points? I’m not a teacher so I don’t know how it could work but I really want to see the outcome. Would be happy if you could share the results with us too!

1 Like