Omanba Forum

How kwame despite made his fortune and many more

Is sometimes better to talk about things that we don’t most often think about

I always get fascinated by monopolistic, people who out of nowhere comes and start to have much under their control, their true stories is most often conceive from the public.

Someone will ask why are you much interested in how one’s makes his money and yes, is a legitimate question. but sometimes it happens that much in hidden in plain sight that many of us refuse to take note of and that’s what I’m here to talk about today

Let’s dig the background of kwame despite a little bit and start building a complete picture.

First fact …

Osei Kwame is an entrepreneur with a chain of media outlets in the name of Despite Group of Companies. He also owns 50% shares in Despite Group’s daughter company - U2 Company Limited, which runs UTV. He also operates companies in the food business.

Who are the share holders? Ones we know who are the share holders, we’ll understand who’s pulling the strings from behind close doors

Despite Group of Companies started as Despite Stores that marketed and distributed audio cassettes across the country. The business grew over the years with setting up its nowadays popular radio stations – Peace FM.
The success of Peace FM set the pace for the opening of other radio stations under the group name Despite Group of Companies (DGC). Today the DGC operates three radio stations in Accra, one in the Ashanti region and dozens of affiliates across the length and breadth of the country.

Osei Kwame Despite’s educational background may be rich because he has an honorary degree from a British university. This is not a degree that Kwame attained based on merit or any other academic effort but because of his entrepreneurship efforts.

U2 Company Limited is a joint ownership between Osei Kwame and Ernest Sarpong. Osei Kwame holds other business interests in the food and beverage industry. He is the CEO of Despite Group of Companies, it runs a range of radio stations in the country including Peace FM and Okay FM.

What strikes is me, who are the share holders? Where did his overnight success comes from? Because is like we often don’t ask those questions. He owns so much for one to conclude that he started from the least bottom, there’s more to his story than most people are allowed to know.

My best guess is that many of the share holders don’t like their names to be mentioned, just like 82 percent of the world wealth is from a small group of family line who always love to have their names kept from the public. But they can’t hide from those who willing to know them. I will leave this as an hypothesis, but just don’t believe anything you see out there

It’s a big club, and you ain’t in it. You and I are not in the big club . And by the way, it’s the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head in their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy.

George Carlin