Ghanaians don’t care about your economic jargons – Murtala Muhammed to government

The Member of Parliament for Tamale Central, Ibrahim Murtala Muhammed, has had enough of the government’s constant touting of its economic achievements.

Speaking as a special guest of honour at the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre’s (GIPC) Summit, dubbed ‘Spark up’ on Tuesday, September 7, 2021, President Akufo-Addo said Ghana’s economy is one of the fastest-growing in the world.

He said the government has, since 2017, introduced measures geared towards building a resilient economy.

According to the President, the resilience of Ghana’s economy is also evident in the positive GDP growth recorded amid the pandemic.

But the Tamale Central MP says the Akufo-Addo administration is sounding like a broken record.

He wants the government to drift away from what he calls the propaganda and focus on addressing issues that are pertinent to Ghanaians.

Speaking on the Big Issue on Citi TV/Citi FM, Mr. Murtala Muhammed said, “how much was a gallon of petrol at the time they claimed the NDC was not managing the economy very well? How about a bag of cement? It stands at GHS50 today. Even the price of a ball of kenkey has gone up. As a matter of fact, a bag of maize sells at an unprecedented amount of GHS300 today.”

“Then the government will come and add salt to injury by telling us that it has managed the economy better. The ordinary man walking in the streets is not interested in the economic jargons government keeps putting out there. Ghanaians are interested in their living conditions. Forget about the interest rate, the economy is doing well and what have you, it is of no value if it does not reflect in their pocket. The people of this country are living in hell. There is nothing to show for all the money government has borrowed.”
Source : Citinewsroom

1 Like

How does all these talks help the ordinary Ghanaian? I don’t know the statistics the government is working with but I can clearly state that it’s not accurate.

The hon. MP is right on point. We want to see transformation, not political shows.

1 Like

Yes the man is right. We don’t care about those things . The economy this the economy that we are tired :joy::joy::joy::joy:

No be small jargons Bawumia and Nana Addo are giving us these days oo. They’ve lost it practically and have now turned to engish and economic jargons to deceive Ghanaians. These jargons do not in any way reflect the happenings on the ground.

Who cares about those big English words when they are hungry, unemployed and out of hope as citizens? Who cares ?

How does economic jargons put food on the table of Ghanaian? When they realise they can’t convince us any longer, they decided to confuse us.

What can they use to convince us now, nothing. Even the various jargons are not convincing enough to move a stack illiterate. Nothing irks me to hear them(npp) singing the song of ’ breaking the 8’ . That we made mistakes in 2020 doesn’t mean we are blind to fall into such dangerous pit again.

Guys @Kwame_Kradi and @Emp_Sel , you are politicians and given the chance, you may even do worse :joy::joy:. The system is not working 24/7. The way I see the two of you, you will speak bigger jargons and English pass Nana Addo and Bawumia combined :joy::joy:.

Anyways, because you are critical of a government is not to say you don’t like them and I think people must get it. We are all concerned citizens and must speak up on political issues. Let’s not pretend politics doesn’t affect us . Politics is ubiquitous and affects everyone so let’s to put the leaders on their toes. 3y3 ogyaaaa​:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

We won’t speak jargons to lie to the public for political reasons. The truth will be truth matter how you garnish it with lies. You can’t fool everybody all the time you know. For me , I may enter into politics , of course, but to change certain narratives