Ghana Card is free, don't pay monies to any staff - NIA to Ghanaians

The Media Relations Officer of the National Identification Authority (NIA), Dora Badu Owusu Adoma has advised the public not to pay any monies to any staff for the registration process of Ghana cards.

In an interview with Samuel Eshun on the Happy Morning Show, Dora Badu Owusu Adoma emphasized that the only time that a person a charged for their services is when one goes in for a premium service. The service is only carried out at the head office.

“You don’t need to pay money to anyone at any of our district and regional offices because the registration process is free. File a complaint against any of our officers who demand money from you and the appropriate sanctions will be taken against them”.

Dora Badu Owusu Adoma said that it takes between 25 to 35 minutes for one to complete the registration process of the Ghana Card and also blamed the delays in the registration process on the large numbers turning up at registration centers.

“We also suffer some intermittent network challenges and that also causes a delay in the registration process”.

There has been a nationwide registration of the Ghana Card by the National Identification Authority (NIA) to have a biometric database of all Ghanaians above the age of 18.

If you don’t bribe your way through, you’ll spend more than a month joining queue. This is Ghana. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

It’s by choice people are paying just to move through fast. If u wan go home fast :joy::joy:

We know the system is not working and if you want everything easy and faster without much stress in Ghana, then get ready to pay. Everything here is about protocol and that involves some cash. :joy::joy:

This is not a laughing matter, is something deeply rooted in the failure of our institutions. Is important we do something about it or this country won’t move an inch forward

I understand this isn’t a laughing matter but that’s the situation here. I’ve heard heads of such institutions making statements which makes it look like such a thing isn’t happening. We all know it’s going on and that makes it funny when I hear such things. But of course, something like that of Anas Aremeyaw Anas’ expose is all that we need to ensure these things become something of the past.

True, it’s sad. Last I also heard they pay for passports to get through fast. It’s very disturbing and I never understand why it has to be this way. The corruption issues with African in general is a huge problem.

1 Like

I don’t think corruption is something only blacks practices, although they’re the one’s doing it more today. Failure in our institutions and how our culture is wired, encourages people to be more corrupt. I suggest we use automation of AI in many sectors which is being occupied by some middle men, the more technology gets implemented in various sectors , the less likely people will have the opportunity to engage in corruption.

Complete eradication of corruption is impossible because even in many developed countries people still engage in corruption from time to time, we can only work to reduce the effects to a level that will not disrupt lives as we see today