Does Age Matter?

Love they say has no boundaries and no limitations, age in most relationships have been a sensitive topic to discuss in recent times. Few days ago I accompanied a friend to a wedding. It seems the bride was way younger than the groom. Most of the guest at the ceremony began whispering about the situation. One lady made an assumption that the bride is a gold digger, and that she’s in for the money and nothing else, my point is ain’t we past this stereotypical shit. If it is the money that she went for, she still got married and has to perform wifey duties. Does the age really matter, what if it’s true love and that she’s found what she wanted in a man in her groom?

2 Likes

This one is really hard to say. I think age doesn’t matter tho but it matters. With the sense that so of these people you can see clearly that it’s not because of the age . And also most people do this because of material things

2 Likes

How can you tell if it is for material things, but even if it is they are still married and enjoying their married lives

1 Like

Some ages if you see it you will know the person really in love or the person is in there for something . This is why most of this married couples cheat because one person cannot perform his or her duties well and also one partner feels I can’t do this with this person. Then that’s when the cheating comes in .

1 Like

Okey I get your point, so an age like what will raise the question, lemme know what the interval is

1 Like

I can’t gv a range . Some of the age differences are abnormal

1 Like

For me personally age doesn’t matter in a relationship and my reason being that, age as we say is just a number but when it sets in a relationship that’s where many don’t agree on.
Let me come down to Ghana here, most people have created this perception that when a lady marries a man who is much older( For example 10-60) than she is, and the man is so rich then the lady doesn’t love the man but just in for his money or wealth.
But how many times have we questioned the situation where a lady marries a man who is much older(For example 10-60) but this time around the man isn’t rich. That’s when people will start saying it’s love or the lady is stupid for going in for such a broke old man. This things doesn’t happen in the Western world but it do happens all the time in Africa.

3 Likes

My point exactly, I mean, what if the guy was younger and had money and the girl was older. Does it really matter what attract the person to the other person. It could be money , or something else. How would we know for sure