Are We getting The Kind of Internet We are Paying for In terms of Its Speed in This Our Country?

Are We getting The Kind of Internet We are Paying for In terms of Its Speed in This Our Country?

you already know the answer so why bother to ask :joy: the problem is that we’ve less competition in the space so the limited providers we hav, can feel complacent in the kind of service they’re giving to Ghanians

2 Likes

We don’t have enough ISPs in Ghana so the few don’t have any motivation to do better. We get mediocre internet speeds with colossal costs (with capped data). I believe if there are more ISPs things should get better. Elon Musk’s Starlink might be the best option for most Ghanaians at this moment.

3 Likes

If you see what airteltigo and mtn are doing to me with the Internet data I paid for erh , the least said the better. Most of these Internet providers don’t have the infrastructure and ability to d the job but forcing themselves into market. There’s no value for money with the Internet we use or have in Ghana. You are absolutely right @ruffrider , most of them complacent.

@ruffrider welcome to OmanbaForum, enjoy your stay here :hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

Arh na Ghana do we have internet :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:? Me de3 I thought that we have been stealing internet from other countries oo :joy::joy::joy:. Because the way internet is expensive and immediately you on your data within 15 seconds of p3 na they message you that you have exhausted 30% of your data :joy::joy:

3 Likes

For the where,? We don’t have any Internet, we are just trying to see if we can also partake in the global Internet access and everything else is a joke. Try all the Internet service providers in Ghana and tell me which is better. Absolutely none. It’s business as usual, feeding off customers to enrich themselves.

2 Likes

Personally, I feel it’s all because of the bad governance we have. Look at what they did to GLO. When new ISP move to Ghana to provide us with good internet services, those already in the system will use the government to fight them. They are going to incur a lot of taxes on them.
We are not getting the kind of internet we pay for in Ghana. In an African country like Morocco, you can get unlimited high-speed internet for just GH165(per month). We can do better!

The networks are not doing a good job at all…