Are humans good at creation?

Over the years humans try as much to bring into the world things that will more unless improves humans condition. Through this activities by humans it sometimes causes destructions to nature as a whole.

Contemplating this question has led the world’s greatest minds to deep insight on the human condition.

Now what’s your view on this topic. Do you think humans are better at creation or destruction?

1 Like

Destruction is easier than creation. Hence why I believe the answer is destruction.

But this doesn’t mean humans intentionally want to mess things up. It’s just that it is so easy to fuck things up rather than creating.

For example, I could easily smash my laptop right now within seconds, but if you ask me to make a laptop, I would not be able to :joy: , as it is an ongoing process and not immediate.

It’s just nature; to destroy is easier than to create.

2 Likes

There’s a cost associated with everything in life. We can’t have a better living conditions without paying a price for it. In the military, it is called collateral damage.

2 Likes

:thinking: that’s a solid point. But I keep wondering why the 3rd world war is taking so long then? I mean, if we so bad, shouldn’t the world be on fire by now? Or maybe the good people are fighting against them?:thinking:

Nice point though. I sort of agree. I mean, I think it’s the same reason why it’s easier to get angry than preventing yourself from getting angry.

Creation takes a lot of effort and even dying. It takes a lot of persuading and time and effort. And it’s like a never ending process. Create a business and you’ll have to keep improving or destruction sets in.

Destruction is so easy. One nuclear bomb can turn Ghana into a desert. But if you look deeply, humans almost always create something good even when you don’t expect it. Sometimes, you wonder when they get their strength from.

So I think that we’re better at creating things even though destruction comes easily. Sometimes too, I think destruction and creation cancels themselves out, leaving zero

2 Likes

Well I think that the warfare technology is so far advanced now since World War 2 that countries know that WW3 would be devastating considering the nuclear power the world’s powerful countries have. It would literally be like pressing a reset button.

It would be very difficult to see WW3 because of its potential aftermath.

But yeah, I agree with your point also.

2 Likes

I love your point :heart:. In this world we live in, it’s either you create or you destroy. Now in creating something demands a whole lot of effort and consciousness because with the least mistake you’ll do, can damage or destroy the thing.
Now destroying something that took years to be built demands little effort. For example looking at our forest which took so many years to get to where it was and within a short period we are turning them into desert should tell you that humans are good in destroying.

1 Like

That is it bro. No matter what we do there is a price to be paid to make that thing a success. As you associated it with the military “collateral damage” which refers to, any death, injury, or other damage inflicted that is an incidental result of an activity.
With your point stated, for citizens to enjoy peace and security sometimes some of the citizens lives must more or less be destroyed to gain that peace. So it’s one way or the other.

2 Likes

Impressive :heart::clap:t4:. But with your point on the 3rd World War not happening is, now most countries are developing this nuclear bombs which are so powerful and they keep upgrading it. So many countries who are also into making of this powerful weapons have some fears in them as in, what if the country they want to attack has a more powerful and advanced weapons than they do have now.

Humans efforts has generally helped a lot for example bringing into existence technology which includes mobile phones, computers, cars which helps a lot but in the long run, some omit radiation, carbon monoxide etc into the atmosphere which is a treat or dangerous to humans health. So that is the price we are paying as a result of technology advancement.

1 Like

Good one there :heart:. If World War 3 which I’m hoping it never happens do come into reality, the damage it gonna cost will be beyond human imagination as most countries are now powerful for the possession of Nuclear bombs which can bury a whole country with just an explosion.
It may look like it’s taking long for WW3 to happen but the truth is, this countries with this Nuclear bombs keeps upgrading. Any other country which is going to start this war might regret it actions, as that country isn’t so sure if their weapons is more advanced than the other. That’s why most countries don’t want to start it.

2 Likes

I disagree with this point. In the context of our planet if destruction and creation cancels out there should be no negative effect on the planet. The ozone is depleting, climate change is getting worse, poverty is rising along with population and some part of the world are struggling to cope. They two don’t cancel out for sure.

3 Likes

Yeah…I totally agree. That’s why I said sometimes. And honestly, we’ll have pull up some research to find out what’s really going on. But at least, we can agree that we easily move towards destruction.

I’m really not sure. It’s what I think. Not a fact.

1 Like

Beautiful one. I agree with you :clap:t4:. With what @LeevyM6 said about creation and destruction sometimes canceling themselves out which I also don’t agree is, for example with the ozone layer, it is something that is as old as the earth but through humans activities has led to the gradual destruction of it and if we’re to save it from further depletion, it’s gonna take us millions of years to do that. In this case our creation didn’t cancel out that.

Also with the climate change, People burn fossil fuels and convert land from forests to agriculture. Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, people have burned more and more fossil fuels and changed vast areas of land from forests to farmland. Now with our forest gradually turning into desert needs so many years to recover which we can but will take so long because of our activities these days.

1 Like

I agree with you. Even though humans are good in creation but our activities day in and day out causes destruction to our world we live in easily. Creation by humans is not going to end today hence the more destructions we keep causing.

1 Like

I thought of this question. And the way it’s asked is confusing a bit.

If you ask “Are humans better at creation or destruction?” it implies we destroy deliberately (to be good at it). I would have structured it this way: “Are humans good at creation?” because we create on purpose and we try to create better stuff. We don’t destroy on purpose. Destruction is a by-product of humans’ creative process.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your thought on this topic of discussion :pray:t4:. I think I agree with you because we don’t intentionally tries to destroy but as you said through humans creative process that do brings about destruction. @siaw I’m going to change the topic to the one you suggested (Are humans good at creation?), I think it’s fits so perfectly. Thanks so much :heart::pray:t4:

1 Like